Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, and DELICIOUS Christmas Quiche Recipe:
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped in small pieces (can be substituted for spinach or kale)
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 6 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- PREHEAT: the oven to 375°F. Lightly spray two 12-cup muffin pans or one 10-inch pie dish with cooking spray.
- VEGGIES: Saute the red pepper and broccoli in a little bit of olive oil until most of the liquid has evaporated from the peppers and the broccoli is slightly soft. There should be about 2 cups veggies after they are cooked (you can use any vegetables you like).
- EGG MIXTURE: Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- STIR: Stir in the cheese, cooked veggies, and green onions. Pour it all into the pan or cups.
- BAKE: If you use a muffin pan, bake for approximately 25 minutes, if you use a pie dish, bake for approximately 40 minutes (or until the egg has mostly firmed up in the middle)
- COOL: Let the quiche cool for 5-10 minutes before serving. It can also be served at room temperature or cold.